Wednesday, November 14, 2012

5 things I've thought about...guest blog


5 Things I have thought about not necessarily learned;
however I'm a work in progress!!

  1.  Compassion.....one of the first words I would have used to describe myself.  I'm not quite sure of the technical definition but to me it means that I would never say or do anything to make someone else feel bad, that I would be honest and caring with another person's feelings. However, I was missing the compassion for myself.  I think I will practice that!
  2. Saying No...I would say a very good portion of the time when someone tells me "no", I completely understand. Although I might be a little disappointed, I realize it (whatever they say no to) just doesn't work for them.  Hmm...why do I find it so hard to say "no" or "let me think about it" when something doesn't work for me? I do try but then I feel the need to go into deep explanation and end up sounding ridiculous. So from now on friends, family and others please understand that if I say no it has nothing to do with you, it just doesn't work for me.
  3. Awareness...I think I'm pretty intuitive and pick up on another persons mood pretty quickly.  Yet I go through the day completely unaware of my own thoughts and feelings.  If I am happy, sad, mad, worried, etc do I realize why?  I have decided to set my phone alarm 3 times a day 12, 4 and 8 pm so when I hear the beep I will remember to think about how I'm feeling and why.  I think that simple step will help shift  perception of my feelings for the better.  Because if you actually think about the truth (the real truth) things usually aren't as bad.
  4. Gratitude....I absolutely love and enjoy the coconut water from a thai coconut.  Without fail every time I drink that cold bit of magic, I literally thank God for the most delicious and refreshing fruit he put on this earth.  It makes me feel connected, happy and purposeful.  Maybe, just maybe, I should be grateful for a few other simple things in life. Like a super tight hug from my husband, or a belly laugh with my BFF, or the quiet smile between my son and I because we share the same humor and found something amusing that no one else did, or the proud look on my daughter's face when she masters her front walk over at gymnastics.  
  5. A little sweat goes a long way...This is the one thing that I have learned; not just thought about and I've mastered it.  I must break a sweat every day even if it's just 15 or 20 minutes.  It clears my mind and gives me a sense of accomplishment. And it just so happens that I do my best thinking, planning and goal settings when I go for a run.  

No comments:

Post a Comment